Prefinished Ready to Install T&G Wall and Ceiling Planks
In stock now!
WHAT IS SKIPLAP?
Shiplap, by definition, is “boards that have been milled so the top and bottom of each piece has a rabbet joint, so they can be stacked as siding“. In a nutshell, shiplap wood wall boards rest on top of each other and overlap, versus tongue-and-groove boards which join together and interlock. One of the best advantages of tongue and groove boards is you can blind nail directly through the tongue. Shiplap boards must be face nailed which can be unsightly if left alone or create more work if you choose to putty the holes.
100% of our Skiplap boards are produced from salvaged and SFI Certified Douglas Fir and Beetle Killed Pine and are proudly made in Montana. Each board is custom kiln dried to 6-8% moisture content and tongue and groove on all 4 sides. Due to the tongue and groove on the ends (also called end matching), you can float each board between the studs or joists. End matched boards result in zero-waste wall paneling, installation is much like flooring. We strictly grade each Skiplap board to what we call our 99% usable specifications. Each board comes pre-finished with hand-rubbed penetrating oils and topped off with multiple coats of our clear satin varnish. Conveniently packaged in boxes that contain 8 boards and cover 17.7 square feet. Our Skiplap wall and ceiling boards are widely considered to be the highest quality wall boards on the market.
Learn why Skiplap is better than Shiplap here.
We ship factory direct anywhere in the continental U.S.
8 hand-rubbed colors and factory finished with multiple coats of our clear satin varnish
Face Width: 7″ | Thickness: 3/4″ | Length: 46″
Blind Nail, Face Nail, or Glue & Nail
ARCHITECTURAL & DESIGN SPECS:
- MADE IN THE USA
- MINIMUM ORDER – 1 Box (17.7 sq.ft.)
- SURFACES – Walls & ceilings
- SPECIES – Salvaged and sustainably certified Douglas Fir & Beetle Killed Pine
- GRADE QUALITY – 99% usable
- STABILITY – Fine grain averaging 15 growth rings per inch
- HARDNESS – 770 Janka Rating
- MOISTURE CONTENT – Cured & kiln dried to 6-8% moisture content
- THICKNESS – Full 3/4″
- WIDTH – 7″ face coverage
- LENGTH – 46″
- GRAIN – Mixed
- COLOR – 8 prefinished colors
- PROFILE – 1/8″ Nickel gap, relief kerfs, clinch line, T&G all four sides
- FINISH – Multi step factory finish including hand rubbed penetrating oils & durable clear satin finish coats
- CERTIFICATION – 100% salvaged or SFI Certified wood harvested within 100 mile radius of our facility. LEED eligible based on various criteria including salvaged and locally sourced material
- DISTRIBUTION – Factory direct shipping anywhere in the U.S.
- INSTALLATION – Blind nail, face nail, or glue and nail
- DISCLAIMER – This is a natural wood product. Color, texture, grain, and sheen will vary from board to board.
Call +(406) 642-7120 to learn more about our Skiplap wood cladding panels for sale.
To better serve our customers and save them money, we sell and ship factory direct anywhere in the USA. In order to provide the best and most accurate delivered price to your project please contact us via: Email at [email protected] or by phone at 406.642.7120. We will be happy to answer any questions you have about our wooden wall cladding.