Better than ShiplapPosted: August 22, 2022
Why Are Our Skiplap Wall & Ceiling Boards Better Than Shiplap Wood Cladding?
Shiplap wood cladding, by definition, is “boards that have been milled so the top and bottom of each piece has a rabbet joint so that they can be stacked as siding.” In a nutshell, shiplap boards rest on top of each other and overlap, versus tongue and groove boards which join together and interlock. One of the best advantages of tongue and groove boards is you can blind nail directly through the tongue. Shiplap wood cladding must be face nailed which can be unsightly if left alone or create more work if you choose to putty the holes.
100% of our Skiplap boards are produced from salvaged and SFI-Certified Douglas Fir and Beetle Killed Pine and proudly made in Montana. Each board is custom kiln dried to 6-8% moisture content and tongue and groove on all 4 sides. Due to the tongue and groove on the ends (also called end matching), you can float each board between the studs or joists. End-matched boards result in zero waste wall paneling, installation is much like flooring. We strictly grade each Skiplap board to our 99% usable specifications. Each of these boards comes prefinished with hand-rubbed penetrating oils and topped off with multiple coats of our clear satin varnish. They are conveniently packaged in boxes that contain 8 boards and cover 17.7 square feet. Our Skiplap wall and ceiling boards are widely considered to be the highest quality wall boards on the market.
We ship factory-direct anywhere in the continental U.S. Contact us today for a free quote: Ph# 406.642.7120 or click here to submit an inquiry online.
ARCHITECTURAL & DESIGN SPECS:
- MADE IN MONTANA
- MINIMUM ORDER – 1 Box (17.7 sq.ft.)
- SURFACES – Walls & ceilings
- SPECIES – Salvaged and sustainably certified Douglas Fir & Beetle Killed Pine
- GRADE QUALITY – 99% usable
- STABILITY – Fine grain averaging 15 growth rings per inch
- HARDNESS – 770 Janka Rating
- MOISTURE CONTENT – Cured & kiln dried to 6-8% moisture content
- THICKNESS – Full 3/4″
- WIDTH – 7″ face coverage
- LENGTH – 46″
- GRAIN – Mixed
- COLOR – 8 prefinished colors
- PROFILE – 1/8″ Nickel gap, relief kerfs, clinch line, T&G on all four sides
- FINISH – Multi-step factory finish including hand-rubbed penetrating oils & durable clear satin finish coats
- CERTIFICATION – 100% salvaged or SFI-Certified wood harvested within a 100-mile radius of our facility. LEED eligible based on various criteria including salvaged and locally sourced material
- DISTRIBUTION – Factory direct shipping anywhere in the U.S.
- INSTALLATION – Blind nail, face nail, or glue and nail
- DISCLAIMER – This is a natural wood product. Color, texture, grain, and sheen will vary from board to board.