Authentic Circular Sawn FlooringPosted: May 20, 2013
In the heart of the Rocky Mountains, there is one flooring product that has stood the test of time. Circle-sawn flooring was used by the first homesteaders that pioneered the Wild West. These planks were cut on a historic circular sawmill and installed as rough-sawn flooring. In the spirit of the Wild Frontier, we’re bringing back the Western architecture of circle-sawn rough hardwood flooring.
Our Mountain Collection is an authentic representation of 100-year-old foot-worn rough-sawn floorboards. Due to its tight growth rings and dense fiber, Rocky Mountain Douglas Fir was the species of choice in the pioneer days. Known for its durability and strength, Rocky Mountain Douglas Fir flooring has a track record of over 200 years.
ARCHITECTURAL & DESIGN SPECS:
- MADE IN THE USA
- MINIMUM ORDER – 200 sq. ft.
- SURFACES – Floors, walls & ceilings
- SPECIES – Salvaged and sustainably certified Douglas Fir
- GRADE QUALITY – 99% usable
- STABILITY – Fine grain averaging 15 growth rings per inch
- HARDNESS – 770 Janka Rating
- MOISTURE CONTENT – Cured & kiln dried to 6-8% moisture content
- THICKNESS – Full 3/4″
- WIDTHS – 5 1/8″, & 7″ face coverage
- LENGTH – Random up to 8′
- GRAIN – Mixed
- COLOR – 8 prefinished colors
- TEXTURE – Skip planed circular sawn, wire brushed, and lightly sanded
- PROFILE – Micro bevel edges, relief kerfs, clinch line, T&G, and end-matched (T&G on the ends)
- FINISH – Multi-step factory finish including hand-rubbed penetrating oils & durable low/no VOC water-based catalyzed finish
- CERTIFICATION – 100% salvaged or SFI Certified wood harvested within a 100-mile radius of our facility. LEED eligible based on various criteria including salvaged and locally sourced material
- DISTRIBUTION – Factory direct shipping anywhere in the U.S.
- INSTALLATION – Nail, Glue, or Nail & Glue
- DISCLAIMER – This is a natural wood product. Color, texture, grain, and sheen will vary from board to board.
If you’re in the market for hardwood floors, it’s time to take a closer look at Douglas Fir Flooring.
For more information or to submit an inquiry about our rough-sawn floorboards, please contact us at [email protected] or call us at 406-642-7120