Rustic Hickory Flooring
Wide Plank Live Sawn Rustic Hickory
In stock now!
Our exclusive line of Rustic Hickory engineered hardwood flooring is produced from highly configured live sawn planks.
So what are live sawn planks?
Live sawing is the historic method of sawing a log straight through its diameter. This produces unique grain variations with a high level of natural characteristics displayed throughout the plank. Live sawing is the most efficient way to cut planks, resulting in significantly less waste than all other methods of cutting.
The hardness of Hickory makes it highly resistant to marring. Boasting a Janka rating of 1820, Hickory is considered the second hardest flooring species in the country. Our Hickory wood flooring showcases unique grain patterns, natural mineral streaks, sound knots, and beautiful color variations within each plank. Ask about our wide plank hickory flooring for sale!
We epoxy fill all voids, mill a tongue & groove on all 4 sides, and grade to our 99% usable specifications. 200 square foot minimum purchase.
WHAT IS ENGINEERED FLOORING?
Engineered floors are composed of multiple sheets of wood pieced together to create one single wood plank. The layers which make up engineered floors are arranged in opposing directions. This is often known as “cross-ply” construction. This method effectively guards the flooring against moisture-related problems. The planks arrangement causes the expansions and contractions to counter one another, limiting or reducing the amount of cupping and crowning a floor can exhibit when exposed to differing levels of humidity. Engineered floors are versatile, allowing them to be installed in any part of the home whether it be the basement or directly on the slab. These floors can be stapled, glued, nailed, or even floated over existing subfloors.
ENGINEERED FLOORING SPECS
Face Width: 7″ | Thickness: 3/4″ (1/4″ thick Hickory wear layer over 1/2″ Birch plywood) | Length: Random lengths up to 8′
Nail Down | Glue Down | Glue & Nail
Rustic Hickory Flooring:
- MINIMUM ORDER – 200 sq.ft.
- SURFACES – Floors or walls
- SPECIES – Rustic Hickory
- GRADE QUALITY – Epoxy filled voids, graded to 99% usable
- HARDNESS – 1820 Janka Rating
- MOISTURE CONTENT – Cured & kiln dried to 6-8% moisture content
- THICKNESS – 3/4″
- WIDTHS – 7″ face coverage
- LENGTH – Random up to 8′
- GRAIN – Mixed
- PROFILE – Micro bevel edges, relief kerfs, clinch line, T&G and end-matched (T&G on the ends)
- PACKAGING – 18.37 square foot boxes
- DISTRIBUTION – Factory direct shipping anywhere in the U.S.
- INSTALLATION – Nail Down, Glue Down, Glue & Nail
- DISCLAIMER – This is a natural wood product. Color, texture, and grain will vary from board to board.
Owner and installer responsibilities
Wood is a natural material that possesses certain unique characteristics. Sustainable Lumber Co. flooring manufactures in accordance with the highest standards of quality and craftsmanship. Standard trade practice allows up to 5% margin of error for natural imperfections and manufacturing defects.
The following requirements are the responsibility of the floor’s owner, even if the owner is absent at the time of installation:
- Prior to installation, the installer and owner must ensure that the work environment and subfloors meet or even exceed the minimal specifications listed in the Sustainable Lumber Co. installation guide.
- Prior to installation, the installer and owner should conduct a final inspection of the grade, color, manufacturing, and finish quality of boards to ensure that the floor conforms to the purchased product.
- During installation, the installer should not use boards that raise doubts about the grade, color, manufacturing quality, or finish. Sustainable Lumber Co. will replace only defective boards, not exceeding the 5% margin of error allowed by industry standards.
- Sustainable Lumber Co. shall in no case be liable for the installer’s lack of judgment or poor quality of installation.
- Once installed, all boards are considered as having been accepted by the installer and owner, even if the owner is absent at the time of installation.
Exclusions due to certain inherent properties of wood
Wood expands and contracts according to variations in humidity. Even if the flooring is properly installed, narrow gaps and slight distortions can occur. Moreover, exposure to light alters the color of all wood species. Areas covered with area rugs, furniture, construction paper, and any other light-blocking objects will result in color variations.
Exclusive provision for all our flooring lines
Our flooring lines are designed for a rustic appeal. The appearance of certain characteristics visible at the time of purchase or developing over time, including but not limited to, the following:
- Pronounced color variations
- Color fading
- Mineral streaks
- Open and closed knots
- Bug holes
- Cracks and splits
- Partial or irregular milling of floorboard edges
- Localized variable thickness
- Subsidence of character traits
- Separation within character traits
- Elevation of some character traits, which become more prominent
- Localized deterioration of finish near character traits
These characteristics are considered normal for our flooring lines.
To better serve our customers and save them money, we sell and ship factory-direct anywhere in the USA. In order to provide the best and most accurate delivered price to your project please contact us via: Email at [email protected] or by phone at 406.642.7120