Circular Sawn Douglas Fir Wall & Ceiling Boards
PREFINISHED T&G DOUGLAS FIR WALL & CEILING BOARDS
Montana Douglas Fir has one of the highest strength-to-weight ratios of any wood species in the world. This doesn’t just make it lightweight and strong; it also makes it resistant to decay.
Many old barns and granaries in the Western Rocky Mountains were built with Douglas Fir, and they’re still standing strong over 200 years later. If you’re looking for Douglas Fir ceiling/wall panel boards that are going to last generation after generation, then these Montana-grown Fir boards are a great pick.
Our circular-sawn mixed-grain Douglas Fir T&G ceiling/wall boards are proudly made in Montana. They are produced from salvaged and SFI-Certified Douglas Fir and custom kiln dried to 6-8% moisture content. Our 4-sided tongue and groove Douglas Fir ceiling/wall boards are quality-crafted, wire-brushed, sanded, hand-rubbed with penetrating oils, and factory prefinished. It is graded to our 99% usable specifications and ready to install. Inquire about our matching circular-sawn Douglas Fir skip-planed flooring today!
For a closer look and more information on Douglas Fir, click here.
6 hand-rubbed colors and factory-finished with 2 coats of clear satin varnish.
Face Widths: 5 1/8″ or 7″ | Thickness: 3/4″ | Length: Random lengths up to 8′
ARCHITECTURAL & DESIGN SPECS:
- MADE IN THE USA
- MINIMUM ORDER – 200 sq. ft.
- SURFACES – walls & ceilings
- SPECIES – Salvaged and sustainably certified Douglas Fir
- GRADE QUALITY – 99% usable
- STABILITY – Fine grain averaging 15 growth rings per inch
- HARDNESS – 770 Janka Rating
- MOISTURE CONTENT – Cured & kiln dried to 6-8% moisture content
- THICKNESS – Full 3/4″
- WIDTHS – 5 1/8″, & 7″ face coverage
- LENGTH – Random up to 8′
- GRAIN – Mixed
- COLOR – 6 prefinished colors
- TEXTURE – Wire Brushed and lightly sanded
- PROFILE – Micro bevel edges, relief kerfs, clinch line, T&G, and end-matched (T&G on the ends)
- FINISH – Multi-step factory finish including hand-rubbed penetrating oils & 2 coats of a clear satin varnish
- CERTIFICATION – 100% salvaged or SFI Certified wood harvested within a 100-mile radius of our facility. LEED eligible based on various criteria including salvaged and locally sourced material
- DISTRIBUTION – Factory direct shipping anywhere in the U.S.
- DISCLAIMER – This is a natural wood product. Color, texture, grain, and sheen will vary from board to board.
Owner and installer responsibilities
Wood is a natural material that possesses certain unique characteristics. Sustainable Lumber Co. manufactures in accordance with the highest standards of quality and craftsmanship. Standard trade practice allows up to a 5% margin of error for natural imperfections and manufacturing defects.
The following requirements are the responsibility of the floor’s owner, even if the owner is absent at the time of installation:
- Prior to installation, the installer and owner must ensure that the work environment and walls and ceilings meet or even exceed the minimal specifications listed in the Sustainable Lumber Co. installation guide.
- Prior to installation, the installer and owner should conduct a final inspection of the grade, color, manufacturing, and finish quality of boards to ensure that the floor conforms to the purchased product.
- During installation, the installer should not use boards that raise doubts about the grade, color, manufacturing quality or finish. Sustainable Lumber Co. will replace only defective boards, not exceeding the 5% margin of error allowed by industry standards.
- Sustainable Lumber Co. shall in no case be liable for the installer’s lack of judgment or poor quality of installation.
- Once installed, all boards are considered as having been accepted by the installer and owner, even if the owner is absent at the time of installation.
Exclusions due to certain inherent properties of wood
Wood expands and contracts according to variations in humidity. Even if the flooring is properly installed, narrow gaps and slight distortions can occur. Moreover, exposure to light alters the color of all wood species. Areas covered with area rugs, furniture, construction paper, and any other light-blocking objects will result in color variations.
Exclusive provision for all our product lines
Our products are designed for a rustic appeal. The appearance of certain characteristics visible at the time of purchase or developing over time, including but not limited to, the following:
- Pronounced color variations
- Color fading
- Mineral streaks
- Open and closed knots
- Bug holes
- Cracks and splits
- Partial or irregular milling of floorboard edges
- Localized variable thickness
- Subsidence of character traits
- Separation within character traits
- Elevation of some character traits, which become more prominent
- Localized deterioration of finish near character traits
These characteristics are considered normal for our product lines.
To better serve our customers and save them money, we sell and ship factory-direct anywhere in the USA. In order to provide the best and most accurate delivered price for your project please contact us via Email at [email protected] or by phone at 406.642.7120