Unfinished circular sawn Douglas Fir flooringPosted: May 13, 2019
Sustainable Lumber Company is the industry leader in Prefinished Douglas Fir Wood Flooring. Although not advertised on our website, we produce and sell just as much unfinished circular-sawn Douglas Fir flooring. Our unfinished tongue and groove flooring with a circular-sawn texture has a beautifully organic look and feel, is highly durable, and is extremely affordable.
Just like all our products, we kiln dry our flooring to 6-8% moisture content, cut out all significant defects, tongue and groove all 4 edges, and grade to our 99% usable tolerances.
We lightly sand the original circle saw marks, simply to reduce prep time by the installer.
Unlike a smooth floor, our live-sawn wood grain and authentic circle saw kerfs make the inevitable scratch, ding, or dent virtually disappear. This is especially important with active pets.
Since our unfinished circular-sawn Douglas Fir wood flooring is a solid 3/4″ thick, it can be easily refinished numerous times. If maintained correctly it will last the lifetime of your home.
Refinishing, when necessary, is simple:
- Clean your floor
- Lightly abrade the surface with a 320-grit pad
- Clean again
- Recoat with the floor coating of your choice.
If you’re in the market for hardwood floors, it’s time to take a closer look at Douglas Fir Flooring.
Architectural and Design specifications:
- MADE IN THE USA
- MINIMUM ORDER – 200 sq. ft.
- SURFACES – Floors, walls & ceilings
- SPECIES – Salvaged and sustainably certified Douglas Fir
- GRADE QUALITY – 99% usable
- STABILITY – Fine grain averaging 15 growth rings per inch
- HARDNESS – 770 Janka Rating
- MOISTURE CONTENT – Cured & kiln dried to 6-8% moisture content
- THICKNESS – Full 3/4″
- WIDTHS – 3 1/4″, 5 1/8″, & 7″ face coverage
- LENGTH – Random up to 8′
- GRAIN – Mixed
- TEXTURE – Original circular saw kerfs
- PROFILE – Square edges, relief kerfs, clinch line, T&G, and end-matched (T&G on the ends)
- CERTIFICATION – 100% salvaged or SFI Certified wood harvested within a 100-mile radius of our facility. LEED eligible based on various criteria including salvaged and locally sourced material
- DISTRIBUTION – Factory direct shipping anywhere in the U.S.
- INSTALLATION – Nail, Glue, or Nail & Glue
- DISCLAIMER – This is an organic real wood product. Color, texture, and grain patterns will vary from board to board