Skiplap, Shiplap made easy!Posted: June 3, 2019
Our Skiplap wood wall cladding is produced from salvaged and SFI Certified Douglas Fir and Beetle Killed Pine. Custom kiln dried to 6-8% moisture content. Unlike shiplap, our Skiplap is tongue and groove on all 4 sides for a zero waste wall paneling that can be blind nailed. Graded to our 99% usable specifications and ready to install.
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN HISTORIC SHIPLAP AND OUR TONGUE & GROOVE SKIPLAP:
Shiplap, by definition, are “boards that have been milled so that the top and bottom of each piece has a rabbet joint, so they can be stacked as siding“. In a nutshell, salvaged shiplap wood wall boards rest on top of each other and overlap, while tongue-and-groove boards join together and interlock.
8 hand rubbed colors and factory finished with multiple coats of our clear satin varnish
Face Width: 7″ | Thickness: 3/4″ | Length: 46″
Blind Nail, Face Nail, or Glue & Nail
ARCHITECTURAL & DESIGN SPECS:
- MADE IN THE USA
- MINIMUM ORDER – 1 Box (17.7 sq.ft.)
- SURFACES – Walls & ceilings
- SPECIES – Salvaged and sustainably certified Douglas Fir & Beetle Killed Pine
- GRADE QUALITY – 99% usable
- STABILITY – Fine grain averaging 15 growth rings per inch
- HARDNESS – 770 Janka Rating
- MOISTURE CONTENT – Cured & kiln dried to 6-8% moisture content
- THICKNESS – Full 3/4″
- WIDTH – 7″ face coverage
- LENGTH – 46″
- GRAIN – Mixed
- COLOR – 8 prefinished colors
- PROFILE – 1/8″ Nickel gap, relief kerfs, clinch line, T&G all four sides
- FINISH – Multi step factory finish including hand rubbed penetrating oils & durable clear satin finish coats
- CERTIFICATION – 100% salvaged or SFI Certified wood harvested within 100 mile radius of our facility. LEED eligible based on various criteria including salvaged and locally sourced material
- DISTRIBUTION – Factory direct shipping anywhere in the U.S.
- INSTALLATION – Blind nail, face nail, or glue and nail
- DISCLAIMER – This is a natural wood product. Color, texture, grain, and sheen will vary from board to board.