Reclaimed Horse Fence Oak flooring
RECLAIMED OAK FLOORING, RESCUED FROM THOROUGHBRED HORSE FARMS
Our exclusive line of pre-finished reclaimed Oak flooring is produced from horse farm fencing which have housed and protected some of the most famous race horses in history. Thousands of miles of Oak fencing surround beautiful thoroughbred horse farms in rural Kentucky, the horse capital of the world. Known for it’s durability and hardness, these world renowned recycled Oak fences travel to Montana to be re-purposed and receive a second life as our exclusive line of pre-finished reclaimed horse fence Oak flooring.
Custom kiln dried to 6-8% moisture content, epoxy filled voids, tongue & groove on all 4 sides, sanded, and graded to our 99% usable specifications.
Unfinished or factory finished with 3 coats of our clear matte oil
SOLID FLOORING SPECS
Face Width: 4 1/2″ | Thickness: 3/4″ | Length: Random lengths up to 7′
Nail Down, Glue Down, Glue & Nail
- MADE IN THE USA
- MINIMUM ORDER – 200 sq.ft.
- SURFACES – Floors or walls
- SPECIES – Reclaimed White & Red Oak
- GRADE QUALITY – 99% usable
- HARDNESS – 1290-1350 Janka Rating
- MOISTURE CONTENT – Cured & kiln dried to 6-8% moisture content
- THICKNESS – 3/4″
- WIDTHS – 4 1/2″ face coverage
- LENGTH – Random up to 7′
- CHARACTER – Naturally weathered with reclaimed characteristics
- GRAIN – Mixed
- COLORS – Pre-finished with clear matte oil finish
- PROFILE – Micro bevel edges, relief kerfs, clinch line, T&G and end-matched (T&G on the ends)
- PACKAGING – Mini bundled
- CERTIFICATION – 100% reclaimed. Recycled Content and Regional Materials. LEED eligible based on various criteria including reclaimed and locally sourced material
- MRc3: Materials Reuse (materials used for this credit cannot be applied to MRc4 or MRc5)
- MRc4: Recycled Content, 100% Post-Consumer Recycled Content (materials used for this credit cannot be applied to MRc3 or MRc7)
- MRc5: Regional Materials (call for details)
- MRc7: Solid Materials are FSC Recycled 100%
- DISTRIBUTION – Factory direct shipping anywhere in the U.S.
- INSTALLATION – Nail Down, Glue Down, or Glue & Nail
- DISCLAIMER – This is a natural wood product. Color, texture, and grain will vary from board to board.
Owner and installer responsibilities
Wood is a natural material that possesses certain unique characteristics. Sustainable Lumber Co. flooring manufactures in accordance with the highest standards of quality and craftsmanship. Standard trade practice allows up to 5% margin of error for natural imperfections and manufacturing defects.
The following requirements are the responsibility of the floor’s owner, even if the owner is absent at the time of installation:
- Prior to installation, the installer and owner must ensure that the work environment and subfloors meet or even exceed minimal specification listed in the Sustainable Lumber Co. installation guide.
- Prior to installation, the installer and owner should conduct a final inspection of grade, color, manufacturing, and finish quality of boards to ensure that the floor conforms to the purchased product.
- During installation, the installer should not use boards that raise doubts about the grade, color, manufacturing quality or finish. Sustainable Lumber Co. will replace only defective boards, not exceeding the 5% margin of error allowed by industry standards.
- Sustainable Lumber Co. shall in no case be liable of installer’s lack of judgment or poor quality of installation.
- Once installed, all boards are considered as having been accepted by the installer and owner, even if owner is absent at time of installation.
Exclusions due to certain inherent properties of wood
Wood expands and contracts according to variations in humidity. Even if flooring is properly installed, narrow gaps and slight distortions can occur. Moreover, exposure to light alters the color of all wood species. Areas covered with area rugs, furniture, construction paper, and any other light blocking objects will result in color variations.
Exclusive provision for all our flooring lines
Our flooring lines are designed for a rustic appeal. Appearance of certain characteristics visible at time of purchase or developing over time, including but not limited to, the following:
- Pronounced color variations
- Color fading
- Mineral streaks
- Open and closed knots
- Bug holes
- Cracks and splits
- Partial or irregular milling of floorboard edges
- Localized variable thickness
- Subsidence of character traits
- Separation within character traits
- Elevation of some character traits, which become more prominent
- Localized deterioration of finish near character traits
These characteristics are considered normal for our flooring lines.
To better serve our customers and save them money, we sell and ship factory direct anywhere in the USA. In order to provide the best and most accurate delivered price to your project please contact us via: Email at [email protected] or by phone at 406.642.7120