Douglas Fir flooring has been the preferred hardwood flooring throughout the Rocky Mountain West for over a century. With a 200 year old proven track record, many old barns, granaries, and western structures still contain Douglas Fir that has withstood the test of time. In fact many of these old structures are being reclaimed and re-manufactured into hardwood flooring that will extend their life to yet another generation.
History fact – Glacier Park Lodge was built in 1912 and is supported by 60 massive Douglas Fir timbers. The actual age of the trees range from 600-900 years old. The timbers range from 36-42″ in diameter, stand 40′ tall, and still contain their bark!
Douglas Fir has the highest strength to weight ratio of any wood species and is renowned throughout the world for it’s durability, strength, and natural beauty. Douglas Fir is widely considered to be one of the finest materials available for trim, moulding, doors, flooring, windows, siding, and structural beams. Douglas Fir flooring has been used throughout the US since the 1800′s and is often found in classic historic homes. Douglas Firs’ natural resistance to decay makes it an excellent choice in all building applications, in fact the oldest accurately-dated Douglas Fir is 1275 years old and stands in New Mexico.
With our streamlined manufacturing process and factory direct shipping, we can efficiently and affordably ship this historic and proven hardwood flooring anywhere in the country.
Architectural and design flooring specifications:
- Surfaces – Floors, walls, & ceilings
- Color – 8 standard colors, custom colors upon request
- Thickness – 3/4 ”
- Widths – Available in 3 1/8 ”, 5 1/8 ”, & 7 ”
- Lengths – Random lengths up to 8′
- Moisture content – 6-8%
- Sheen – Matte
- Grain – Mixed
- Profile – Micro bevel, T&G, and end matched (T&G on the ends)
- Grade – Tight knots, no see through voids, visually graded to our 99% usable tolerances
- Species – Salvaged and certified Douglas Fir
- Hardness – Janka 770+
- Texture – Canyon Collection, Mountain Collection, Vintage Collection
- Floor finish – Hand rubbed penetrating oil + multiple layers of our low VOC water based catalyzed protective top coat
- Distribution – Factory direct delivery anywhere in the U.S.